Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend in SLC



We went to visit Chad and Jessica in SLC for the weekend. Peggy and Cameron were also there...so we had a great time with the family...although we wish TJ, Lib, and Eve could have been there too :0(. We also got to see Erik Hayes and I had the opportunity to go over and spend a few hours with the Hartsocks!! Little Carter is growing like a weed...and I love catching up with them! While in Utah we did quite a bit!! We had Jessica's birthday dinner, watched movies, had Chad's b-day lunch at Tucano's, the boys played basketball, we all went to a nickle arcade, we went to a impromptu comedy club, went to sacrament meeting, and had Easter lunch. It was a great weekend...and Eric and I were back early enough to eat, watch another movie, and get to bed early!!! We did a little activity after lunch where you open Easter eggs that all had something different in them that had to do with the Savior and his Resurrection...1 object and 1 scripture. It really helped me to re-focus on why we have Easter. I am so grateful for the Atonement of the Savior, for the church, and the opportunity I had to go to the Temple with Eric this weekend. It had been like 2.5 years since we had been together, and that is too long! I am grateful for the opportunity that we have to renew our covenants, and become clean continually by using the Atonement-Heaven knows I need it :0)! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!

2 comments:

Lindsy Hartsock said...

It was really good to see you too! I'm glad you guys had a safe and fun trip!

A said...

You're lucky I was in Idaho or you would be in deep doo doo for not stopping by!!!