Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oh, Say Does That Star Spangled Banner Yet Wave, O'r The Land Of The Free And The Home Of The Brave!!!

Happy fourth to all you bloggies out there!!! I hope it was a safe and wonderful one. Ours in Pinedale was easy going. My parents are here so my Dad and Eric went fishing, and my Mom and I headed to Jackson. We all had a great time and then met back up for a little Bar-b-Que dinner and firework watching. The fireworks here are really good, and they had a live band playing while they were going off. The only drawback was the car alarm that kept going off next to us each time the fireworks would boom. It was nice to do something laid back, it gave me time to reflect on how blessed I am to live in the good ole US of A. Having been to a few other countries I know we are blessed materially and although it really made me angry then, when I got back from those desolated countries and saw how greedy and ungenerous people here can be, I know that there are many amazing people in this country. I now think of our soldiers who willingly serve-not because their government makes them, but because they believe in what this country stands for (thank you to all you soldiers out there!!). I think of men and women who everyday put themselves out there to make a difference and strive to make things better for others they might not even know, even though they don't get money or recognition. I thought today at church of my ability to worship as I choose without backlash or fear of retaliations. I think of my job and my ability to get an education and work and get paid fairly for the work I do. Overall, I know I could go on and on, but I know we are truly blessed to live in this nation. I only hope that we never forget that, or the sacrifices that were/are made by so many so that we continue to have those freedoms (have you thanked a soldier lately?). May we always remember, and never forget to help those who are not so fortunate!
Happy fourth to all my friends!!

Liz

No comments: