Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arrrggh Maty We're Going 'Home'



Payden the craziest Pirate of them all (Amber's)
Paige the Princess (Amber's)
Cute little Adelina-my brothers little pirate
Our littlest Pirate-Mara Jade (Amber's)
Emma the little pirate princess (Kira's [my sisters friend] daughter)


I had the opportunity to go home this weekend with Eric. It was definitely fun-filled! We had Paige and Payden's birthday party, Mara's baby blessing, did family pictures, re-connected with an old friend, did a little shopping, and hung out with lots of family. It was a blast! Payden wanted Pirate cupcakes (hence the pirate poses) and Paige's were very girly (of course). Although Eric and I both came home with colds-it was well worth the trip. I had a great time re-connecting with an old friend (you know who you are), and just wanted to say that I think you are an amazing person and that God loves you and knows your fears. You have strength beyond your belief-I could never go through the things that you have had to with the faith, dignity, and courage you have shown. You are a great example to me, so thanks for letting me talk the night away with you-I learned a lot, and had a great time! It made me miss many years of us not being closer-my prayers are with you, with all you have yet to face! Call me anytime! To the rest of you, I hope you enjoy the pictures!!! Check out my business blog for more family shots!


Close mates for all my friends!


Liz

3 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

I LOVE the family picture that you did they were amazing. I really love the first family picture... way to go girly you are becoming quite the photographer! :) Hey could you send me some of the pictures from paige and payden's party.

Melinda said...

Hey Liz! As for my hand surgery, I feel about 90% back. I went to some occupational therapy appointments right before school started and it did WONDERS. Now I'm just trying to massage it and stretch it and strengthen it to keep the scar tissue from coming back (it sure is stubborn!). And luckily we haven't had to visit your dad at the pharmacy since around that time. Cory is doing really well the second time around on this class. Of course, since it is audiology 2 and the FIRST time he'd taken it there was NO prior experience, I thought at C was pretty good....but now that he's had the pre-req, he's aiming for an A and he just might do it. He is absolutely in love with it and is going to apply to several schools so we don't have all our eggs in one basket this year, although if we could just stay put, financially, that would be best. How are you liking WY?

Amber Hooten said...

I just have to say that you are SUPER talented! That is so awesome. I wish that my pictures of my kids would turn out half as good when we go to professionals. Good luck with this wonderful talent!