Monday, October 25, 2010

End of October Musings


When you live in Wyoming sometimes you see crazy things...like this antelope wearing what appears to be a clown wig (really it's just plastic chicken coop mesh). I think he picked it up to try and charm his lady friend...I guess mating is getting a little tougher all around I see (haha). Anyways, after I watched him and snapped photos I called the game warden to make sure all would be well. He assured me that things like this happen all the time and that usually they can get it to break off rubbing against sage brush-which consequently is how they get into the problem in the first place. They are constantly rubbing their horns on things to show their masculinity. Leave it up to male egotism and the rut...haha, at least it provided entertainment.



I had the awesome opportunity to go to the scraphouse with my mom, sister, and lots of great friends. I was soooo happy when I found out that it was the same weekend as our hunting holiday this year so that I could finally go again. I learned how to make flowers and watchbands (which is why there is a massive photo of my self {also thanks Amber for the shirt...I luv it}), and I got 17 pages done. It's funny though-all of my favorite pages were made during the witching hours. It was super fun to hang out with Kira and Kristen...just like old times. 2 sets of sisters+2 sets of friends=double the fun for sure!! On my way there I passed this fire...it was crazy, just acres away from houses! Eric had a great time fishing with my dad and seeing his family in Rexburg/Rigby while I was gone.

No comments: