Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No longer an Idahoan


I was just de-junking my old e-mails and found this one from my Mom. I found this very fitting because I just got my Wyoming drivers license so I am no longer an Idahoan. This definitely applies to good ol' Wyoming, and parts of it to my old Idaho home.

Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Wyoming...

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in Wyoming.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Wyoming.
If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Wyoming.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in Wyoming.

If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Ft. Collins for the weekend, you live in Wyoming.

If you measure distance in squares of farm land, you live in Wyoming.

If you know several people who have hit a cow more than once, you live in Wyoming.

If you have gone from "heat" to "A/C" and back to "heat" all in the same day, you live in Wyoming.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Wyoming.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you live in Wyoming.

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in Wyoming.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in Wyoming.

If the I-80 speed limit is 75 mph -- you're going 90 and everybody is passing you, you live in Wyoming.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Wyoming.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in Wyoming.

If you have more hours on your snow blower than miles on your car, you live in Wyoming.

If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly," you live in Wyoming.

If you understand these jokes, you actually have lived in Wyoming.

If you do nothing else-enjoy the journey!!!

Liz

3 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

Well I guess that means we can no longer be friedns... just kidding. It is sad that you live so far away now!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

That is really funny. I love Jeff Foxworthy. I really hope at some point this year we can make it up there to take a "vacation" to where you live :) I hope things are going well. I'm planning on doing the tag, but it might take a couple of days. Have a great day.

Kelsey said...

Those are hilarious! I remember the day I became an official Texan. Big day.

I also plan on doing the tag, but it'll be a day or two.